Everything you want to know.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Maid Cafe in Osu

Mai Leaf (pronounced May Leaf) is a maid cafe in Osu, Nagoya. Basically, the food there is a little expensive, but the waitresses are dressed up like maids and say, "Welcome home husband," when you enter. I really like the idea of all my friends marrying the same girl together, so this is a huge plus for me. Also, if you're a lady, I think they say, "Welcome home princess." I used to think I would never visit a maid cafe, and I still haven't, but recently I've been thinking, "What kind of idiot visits America and doesn't patron a Hooters," you know? It's not actually that expensive. You can for sure get a meal for under 1000 yen. It costs 500 yen to get a polaroid taken of you and the maids (I'm not sure if you can just use your own camera).

This maid cafe has a blog which, surprisingly, just seems to be an ad for the place. You can see all the maids here. They seem to be competing in a "who can position their hands in the most awkward position for a photo contest". Their heights, signs, and blood types are listed, so you can figure out which one you want to marry. Oh, and some of the maids really are participating in the "Coca Cola Happy Smile Contest 2012" and you can vote for them here. That's Asu-san. She either doesn't know what "smile" means, or she's some sort of rebel maid.

No comments:

Post a Comment