Everything you want to know.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Invader Invader


Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's latest single, Invader Invader, will come out on the 15th, but the video is already up. It's the same song used in all the GU commercials where she plays an alien taking over the world with her style. Basically the same thing is going on here. I think Kyary says it all when she says, "Wow, wow, wow, yeah, yeah, yeah, wow, wow, wow, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm an invader." The verse that she sings twice is also quite poetic. I'd translate it as:

Lasers from my eyes.
Missiles from my ears.
I telepathically send you a heart.
Extend the antenna. Rainbow-colored UFO.
If that is said...

(back to the chorus)

Stylish  Let's take over the world.

And so on.

So, yeah, it might seem a little confusing if you don't understand the lyrics, but if you speak Japanese, you've probably already been moved to tears and aren't able to read this.

1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely glorious song. I can’t stop listening to it ever since I heard it on J–Melo!

    ReplyDelete