Everything you want to know.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hokkaido Ramen (Soy Sauce)

Japanese Food Review #49

Everybody knows I like my ramen like I like my women, ripe 'n' dry (or am I thinking of bread fruit?). The package has pretty much everything you want. There's a bunch of poetic, nonsensical English. It also says "Beware of bears," in Japanese. And of course there's the winner of the "Best Bear Drawing" contest from some junior high school in Hokkaido (I'm assuming). Also the ramen is pretty good.

Ratings:
Gaybot: 7.5  An extra point five for the package.
Girlbot: 10  She originally said the noodles were restaurant quality. She then decided that was going too far, but they were still of a higher quality than other instant noodles. The soup also didn't taste cheap. Furthermore, she usually doesn't enjoy soy sauce ramen, but the flavor was excellent.
Overall: 8.75

3 comments:

  1. Got anything super special planned for number 50? If you fly me out there, I will do a guest review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got nothing planned. Raw whale? I'm not sure if I'll be able to fly you out this week. Sorry, bra.

      Delete
    2. No worries brosef

      Delete