Everything you want to know.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Potato Salad Potato Snack

Japanese Food Review #104


Most of you know that I have a pretty complicated relationship with potato salad.

Things I like about potato salad:

1. The flavor (sort of)

Things I don't like about potato salad:

1. Too wet

2. Sometimes you can feel the potatoes and other vegetables.

That's why I was so excited that Calbee made this snack. These are a version of Sapporo Potato, a snack that is usually vegetable flavor. They're shaped like fries and are mostly air. I think they're supposed to be a healthy alternative to chips, so if you're Japanese mom is an idiot, you're allowed to eat these instead of good snacks.

For this new flavor, Calbee asked some elementary school students to help choose the flavor. Kids are worse at life than other humans so the flavor is potato salad with apples. What the hell, kids? It might be that the kids just thought it would be super funny to mess with Calbee. That's for sure what I would've done.

Ratings:
Gaybot: 4  Pretty bad odor came from the bag. Mostly just tasted like potato salad, though. Sometimes I thought I could taste some apple in there. Nothing I ever want to eat again.
Girlbot: 5  She also didn't like them much, but she likes Sapporo Potato in general and ate most of the bag.
Overall: 4.5


No comments:

Post a Comment