Everything you want to know.

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Lemongina

This is kind of old news, but last spring, the makers of Orangina (Suntory in Japan) made a carbonated lemon beverage called Lemongina. Some people said it was okay or even good. However, many others said it was horrible. A common complaint was that it tasted like dirt. Perhaps this is why I didn't get around to trying it, but when I saw a shop selling it for ¥15 cheaper than usual, I just had to have it.

For me, it tasted like a lemon version of Orangina. It was sweeter than I would want a lemonade to be. It also tasted a little grapefruity? It reminded me of Squirt a bit. Still, I didn't detect any soil seasoning. Girlbot tried it and said the aftertaste did not taste like dirt, but somehow smelled like dirt. She said after she swallowed, bubbles went up to her nose and wreaked of the earth. I don't know, maybe American dirt tastes different from Japanese dirt. I'll have to give it a try soon.

Suntory has recently tried to promote a new way to consume Lemongina. Why not mix it with another of their delicious products, Jim Beam? Here is a commercial where Rola demonstrates the making of this new creation.



I don't even need to try this to know what I'd think. Jim Beam makes everything at least pretty good, but I'll stick with the tried and true Beam & whole milk, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment