Everything you want to know.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

R2-D2 Cecil Milk Chocolate

I know R2-D2 doesn't technically eat human food, but I've always thought that if he finally got his wish of becoming a real boy, he'd just absolutely adore milk chocolate. Apparently great minds think alike, because the marketing scientists at Glico have adorned the new Cecil Milk Chocolate packages with R2. There are four different R2 packages to choose from (gotta catch 'em all). And there's more! Look at what the chocolates are wrapped in.
You can't really tell, but those are special droid wrappers. Even C-3P0 makes an appearance. I'm ashamed to admit that this is the first time C-3P0 has been mentioned on a blog that claims to cover gaybot news. Mr. 3P0 is, of course, widely celebrated in the gay community. Many give him credit for making Americans realize that a homosexual can just be "one of the guyz," and that they can speak many languages fluently. George Lucas attempted to appease his Christian audience by pointing out that C-3P0 didn't have any genitals, but many scholars have pointed out that though Jake in The Sun Also Rises did not have working genitals, he was still very much a sexual being. This is just one of many plot points George Lucas seems to have stolen from Hemingway.

2 comments:

  1. I see you picked the package with his little arm on it...good choice but I am assuming the one where both lights are on were sold out. I know that I would be furious if all I wanted was the one where he is looking off to the side by my retarded wife (I mean really stupid not mentally retarded but I cherish her seriously) got me the one where he is looking straight ahead! Keep up the great work gaybotsky...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you by any chance related to famed manager Ronald Gardenhire?

      Delete