Everything you want to know.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pepsi Cheetos

Japanese Food Review #59
 I think we all remember when Frito Lay and Pepsi (the same corporation) finally teamed up to make Hamburger Cheetos. Will their newest venture be as successful? These aren't actually called Pepsi Cheetos. The official name is Shuwa Shuwa Cola Corn Snack. The corn snack is clearly a Cheeto, the cola is Pepsi, and shuwa shuwa means "fizzy" or something. Sounds like a perfect combination. I've always said Cheetos could be at least 20% fizzier, and these Cheetos did in fact taste fizzy..., or something like it. I haven't tried most poisons, but I'm guessing some produce the same tingling sensation as these. Also, they weren't at all salty, and they weren't really sweet either. They were kind of sour and did taste a little like Pepsi (perhaps like poisoned Pepsi). All of this and you could still taste the base corn Cheeto. It was horrible.

Ratings:
Gaybot: 0  I originally thought this was a 1 to 10 scale, but this snack has redefined my snack world.  
Girlbot: -5  Again, I'll allow this rating. She said that even when a snack is horrible, she can usually eat a few more, but with these, she could tell after the first bite that she never wanted to eat them again.
Overall: -2.5

2 comments:

  1. If memory serves me correct Gaybot, you are a Coca Cola kind of guy. Couldn't this account for your distaste for this product....what if these were Coca cola Cheetos, or better yet ok cola Cheetos? I think I remember you always saying that Pepsi kinda tastes like poison. Just saying, keep up the titsy posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I've gotta admit, I'm a Coke guy. With that said, I'm confident that the poison taste is not simply the flavor of Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete