Everything you want to know.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

BABYMETAL


My little brother told me that this is the coolest thing going on in Japan right now. The kid just knows so much about world culture. This song is called Ijime (bullying) Dame (don't) Zettai (definitely). The English title is No More Bullying. Obviously, the best way to express this sentiment is through speed metal, but I applaud the director for having the vision to put guitar playing skeletons and some homeless guy from a fantasy novel in the video. Really brings the message home.

Officially, there are only three members in BABYMETAL. You would assume that a 3-piece metal band would have a drummer, a bass player, and a guitar player. BABYMETAL went another route. They consist of Yu-Metal (vocal/dance), Yuimetal (scream/dance), and Maometal (scream/dance). Honestly, I'd never even considered putting two scream/dance artists in my Japanese teenage girl metal band. I feel like a huge idiot.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:27 AM

    Probably the coolest thing going on in the world
    -little brotherbot

    ReplyDelete