Everything you want to know.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Apple Pie Potato Chips Review

Japanese Food Review #82
We all learned in history class that Johnny Appleseed was a real human with oh so many blisters upon his feet, but what your junior high teacher didn't tell you is that he was a horrible sex addict. Apparently after Johnny reached his goal of "American pie-ing" a lady in every state, he started trying to knock every continent of the list. I wonder if he knew that his sex vacation in Japan would someday lead to apple pie potato chips. I'm going to guess that a great man like him probably knew this was coming. For shame, Mr. Appleseed!

Anyway, Calbee is making a series of chips with famous flavors of different regions in Japan. Everyone knows that northern Honshu is famous for apple pies, so why not make it in chip form?

Ratings:
Gaybot: 3.5  It's really not that bad. The sweet apple taste is pretty faint and there's only a little salt. Also, the bag said there would be a cinnamon flavor, but that was even fainter. Surprisingly edible.
Girlbot: 4  She said it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good.
Overall: 3.75

2 comments:

  1. Glad that someone is finally helping spread the true story of Johnny "Roving Boner" Appleseed, but I'm a little surprised at your rating. I assume you're phrasing is relative to what you thought an apple pie chip would taste like, but "really not that bad" and "surprisingly edible" only warrant a 3.5? I wonder if there was an error when you converted from metric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback. They were not good at all. For me, a 4 means I might eat them if they're at a party and I'm hungry. I will never eat these again. Still, I do not regret buying them and consider myself more of a well rounded individual for having had the experience.

      Delete