Everything you want to know.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Tomato Water

If you're anything like me, you spend a large amount of your morning squeezing tomatoes into a pot, filtering that tomato juice four or five times until most of the color is gone, and mixing it with water. Then you probably have enough tomato water to hold you over until lunch. But is there a better way? Well, the fine people at I LOHAS (the water produced by Coca Cola in Japan) have figured out how to actually "bottle" tomato water. The label boasts that the water contains real tomato extract from Kumamoto prefecture. That's got to be some of the finest tomato extract in all of Japan.

I thought the idea of slightly tomato flavored water was pretty gross, but upon tasting it, I realized that's not at all what this was. It was really sweet. I flipped it around and saw that the second ingredient (behind water) was two types of sugar, then came salt, and finally tomato extract showed up. Also, I thought it would be 0-3 calories or something, but it's 94. It tasted like Pocari Sweat (like Japanese Gatorade) but with tomato. Oh, and the tomato taste was quite strong. I don't want to do a formal review on this... because I thought it was just water... and because my brain doesn't make any sense, but this would earn a 0 score.

No comments:

Post a Comment