Everything you want to know.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Ichimi Kit Kat

Japanese Food Review #97




Ichimi means "one flavor" and is just red chili pepper. It's a very common seasoning in Japan. Kit Kat often comes out with limited (time-wise) editions of flavors, but they also have flavors that can only be purchased in certain parts of Japan. They make good souvenirs, I guess. This one is from Shinshu, which is the old name for Nagano. Apparently they like chili peppers there.

The chocolate was darker than that of a normal Kit Kat, which I consider a good thing. At first, I couldn't taste any spice at all. It was only after swallowing that the spice hit me. (That's what she said?) It wasn't super spicy, but some heat was certainly there. It kind of reminded me of some chocolate I've had in America, like Tobasco Spicy Chocolate, but not nearly as spicy.

Ratings:
Gaybot: 6  It's interesting enough, but I don't feel the need to head to Nagano for more.
Girlbot: 6  She said it was better than she was expecting.
Overall: 6

There you have it. 666 the sign of the devil! Great work Kit Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment