Everything you want to know.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Butter Chicken Curry Jagarico

Japanese Food Review #96



Jagaricos are crispy potato snacks shaped like fries. I'm sure most of you remember three years ago when we reviewed Spicy Cheese Jagaricos. They received an overall score of 2.5. How will the curry incarnation fare?

First off, we have to give it up for the packaging.


All barcodes should be Taj Mahals from now on.


The giraffes are Indian! That's fun!

The flavor was also of a high quality. It tasted very much like an Indian curry. Most curry flavor snacks in Japan are supposed to taste like Japanese curry. I like that flavor, but I prefer Indian curry. This was the first time I have tasted a potato snack with this particular flavor. The butter flavoring was strong as well, but not at all gross or overpowering.

Ratings:
Gaybot: 9  I don't know that I'd want to eat them all the time, but I'll definitely buy them again if they are re-released in the future.
Girlbot: 7  She was surprised by how much they tasted like curry and was happy they weren't spicy.
Overall: 8

A very solid score for the Indian giraffe family.

No comments:

Post a Comment