Everything you want to know.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Bones Found in Toilet

We all need to mourn in our own way.
I think when you first visit a foreign country, you are fascinated in the ways it's different. But the longer you stay there, the more you realize the similarities far outnumber the differences. We're all just humans at the end of the day.

Today I saw a story that really brought this home for me. I, like most people, grew up hearing my father's plan for his funeral multiple times a year. It was a little silly, and he admitted it wouldn't really happen, but it still brought joy into the old man's heart. The plan was to be cremated and flushed down a public toilet while his closest friends pissed on his remains. Well, it warms my heart to report that there must have been a Japanese version of my father out there.

You see, what appears to be a large amount of cremated human bones was found in a supermarket's toilet in Tokyo on the 23rd. No other details were released, but I think we can safely assume that two or three elderly men urinated all over their dear friend and then ran for the exit upon realizing that bones don't easily flush down toilets. You're in a better place, Japanese dad.

Source: Yomiuri Online

No comments:

Post a Comment