Everything you want to know.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Japanese Culture Update

The other day I was waiting for the bus home on a fairly busy street. It was already dark and there were no other pedestrians for awhile. Then I saw a blind man with his lady companion. The man was probably around 50 and the woman perhaps five or ten years younger. They crossed the road towards me then stopped and argued in hushed tones for a full minute. When they continued on, the man walked a half step ahead, his walking stick in his right hand. His left arm was stretched in front of the woman. When they came nearer, I noticed that is hand was, in fact, holding her breast. Ever thirty seconds or so she slapped him. He didn't react to this at all. I'm guessing she was his wife and this joke had been going on for a good twenty years. Anyway, I thought those of you interested in Japanese culture would find this fascinating. Being blind in Japan seems to be awesome. Blind with bennies, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment