Everything you want to know.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Japanese Food Review 1: Teriyaki Mayonnaise Doritos

I was a little surprised to see these labeled as gourmet. Does that mean normal Cool Ranch Doritos aren't gourmet? Are they simply classy? I also normally wouldn't consider mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce to be particularly gourmet flavors. Teriyaki and Cool Whip, maybe. I think the only thing that makes them "gourmet" is the fact that they've been coated with flavors twice.

The most surprising thing about these chips...
They're shiny. That's also pretty fancy, I suppose. The taste? I went through three distinct stages of flavor enjoyment.
1) This is horrible
2) Is this a little sweet? What's going on?
3) I guess I can eat this.

I asked girlbot, a Japanese lady, what she thought of them. "It's good!" she said enthusiastically. Then she gave it a 3 out of 10. The Japanese must use a different rating system.

Final ratings:
girlbot: 3
gaybot: 4
overall: 3.5
conclusion: I will never purchase this again.

2 comments:

  1. Do the Taco Bells there make taco shells out of those types of Dorritos, standard nacho cheese(yawn), or numerous flavors? My guess is numerous flavors because if there is one thing Japan is known for it's technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad truth is that there are no taco bells in Japan, so America is light-years ahead in flavored taco shell technology.

    ReplyDelete