Everything you want to know.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Caddie GoluGolu - Say Fore


I guess golf caddies in Japan are often old women? I, for one, would much rather have a grandma carrying around my clubs than some young man who's always talking about how his knees don't hurt. This group is supposed to be a bunch of those caddies, and they're singing about following golf's rules. First, they kick a guy for not yelling, "Fore!" Later, they absolutely rip into some guyz for not following the dress code. They also get angry at some golfers for playing to slowly.

This seems like somebody saw The Obachan Theme and decided they could make some money making a funny old lady song. It seems like the market is ripe for a few more Japanese elderly women rap groups.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I'd rather have one jumpkick than zero jumpkicks, but I have to admit I was disappointed that there was only one jumpkick. Since I know it's an option. A couple of things:

    Who listens to this? Aside from me, just now.

    I was kind of surprised that this song sampled Arvo Pärt's "Tabula Rasa," and then I realized that I had another tab open that was playing Tabula Rasa. Do these ladies have any songs like that?

    ReplyDelete