Everything you want to know.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Mottai-Nightland


You may remember a bit of this song from the AU commercial it was featured in. It combines the Japanese term "mottainai" (meaning "what a waste") with the extremely common English phrase "Nightland." So that pretty much explains why Kyary transforms into a dog and craps strawberry ice cream. Other than that, this is pretty much a rip off of Super Mario Bros. 2.

As usual, her lyrics are gibberish. The chorus is basically:
Because it's a waste, because it's a waste, 
I think of my dreams and cry.
Because it's a waste, because there's not enough,
I do mean things.

It's amazing how much those lyrics and the video perfectly capture the "nightland" in my head. Again, I should probably mention that I'm suicidal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment