Everything you want to know.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Tofu Ice Cream

Japanese Food Review #107


This is a snack I get every time I visit Ise Shrine. The store also sells tofu doughnuts. Here are some signs outside the store if you ever find yourself there.



Soy milk ice cream is not all that unusual, but I believe actual tofu ice cream is fairly rare. The sign says that 55% of the ice cream is a combination of tofu and soy milk. The tofu taste really comes through, but it is still sweet and it's the fresh, high quality tofu taste you might not be used to in other countries.


This sign says you should hold the cone up straight because the ice cream melts easily. I usually turn my cone upside down and then scream at the staff if any ice cream touches the floor, so I think they may have made this sign especially for me.

Ratings:
Gaybot: 8.5  I don't know if I would want it all the time, but I do enjoy the ritual of getting it when I find myself in Ise.
Girlbot: 10  She notes that people who don't like tofu will hate this ice cream.
Overall: 9.25

This snack is now in first place in the overall snack standings!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment