Everything you want to know.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Japanese Ritz

I think everyone knows that nothing goes together better than a plate of plain Ritz and black coffee, but did you know that there are other ways to enjoy this delicious cracker? I know Ritz offers recipes in America, but those usually involve cheese. In Japan, at least on this box, they are super into putting whipped cream on their crackers. Recipe 1 is whipped cream, raisins, 1 grape (not enough dishes pair grapes and raisins, I find), and a mint leaf. Recipe two is whipped cream, apricot, and a single pistachio. I don't know if you're expected to eat these in a single bite or what. Recipe 3 is whipped cream mixed with chocolate syrup (to sweeten it up a bit), and a chocolate coffee bean? I'm not sure I've got that one right. For those of you who like dips, try this peanut butter, cream, and honey dip. I should point out that there are only two types of crackers at most super markets (the other being saltines) and they are sold in the cookie isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment