Everything you want to know.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Coffee Melonpan Review

Japanese Food Review #91
I deeply apologize. I bought this on sale and tried to remove the sticker that said it was discounted. It looks horrible.

One thing I've always disliked about canned coffee is that it doesn't come in bread form. That has all changed thanks to Dydo. I've always know that Dydo is just about the coolest canned coffee company  out there. And I'm talking "nearly as cool as the Blue Man Group" cool. Just check out one of many videos they made showing a cool way to shake your can of coffee. This is called Lock Edition:



So they've already blown our minds this year, but now they've somehow figured out how to put that stale coffee taste into a melonpan. Melonpan, or melon bread, doesn't actually taste like melon, it just sort of looks like one. It's normally a light, sweet bread covered in a thin, sort of hard layer of cookie dough.

This coffee melonpan had whipped cream inside of it. It was a very low quality cream. I'd say Twinkies have a higher quality cream. The bread didn't really have a hard outside, but it really did taste like sweet, burnt coffee.

Ratings: 
Gaybot: 2  It was very bad, but it's not the worst thing I've ever had.
Girlbot: 0  She wanted to give it a -1 (very against the rules here at the Times) despite the fact she ate the entire quarter of the melon I gave her. Other than that, all she said was, "I don't want to eat it again."
Overall: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment